Re: Installation of unwind header

Andreas Jaeger writes:
 > Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:
 >
 > > Michael Matz writes:
 > >  >
 > >  > to support programs which also need to unwind stack frames we would like
 > >  > to install gcc/gcc/unwind.h.  Possibly under a different name, and maybe
 > >  > slightly changed.
 > >
 > > I presume you'd need to add some things to the list of libgcc exports.
 > > What new symbols would you need to export?  What data structures?
 >
 > Those symbols that are part of the ia64 and the x86-64 ABIs:

Oh, I see, just the symbols that are already exported from the
library.  This doesn't seem like a useful and general interface to the
unwinder.  It's not clear to me that with this interface you could,
for example, duplicate the functionality of the glibc backtrace(),
which doesn't work on some platforms.  However, I don't know what you
are trying to achieve.

Would it be possible to do what you need with libunwind instead?

Andrew.