This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ multilibs installed where gcc won't find them
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Albert Chin <gcc at lists dot thewrittenword dot com>
- Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 18:24:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ multilibs installed where gcc won't find them
- References: <20030209153105.GA95482@spuckler.il.thewrittenword.com>
As Albert Chin points out, the following line in zlib configure
assumes CC is GCC:
toolexeclibdir=$toolexeclibdir/`$CC -print-multi-os-directory 2>/dev/null || echo .`
This assignment is fine when zlib is built as a target library, but not as
a build library using the native compiler at bootstrap. All platforms
using a non-GCC compiler to boostrap will have problems.