Re: Implementing OpenMP pragmas for the C front end

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Neil Booth wrote:

> I want to wait until I have something that actually parses most of C99.
> Then it will be bug-fixing, doing the lowering stage, adding GNU
> extensions and adding ObjC; which could be done in CVS.

Do you have a design document - describing how it is similar to the C++
parser, how it differs, what existing code is reused, what is shared with
C++, what is adapted to the new parser structure (and whether any such
changes can be done incrementally), what is rewritten afresh (and
rationale for these choices), what intentional behaviour changes there are
(and whether these too can be done incrementally: if something becomes a
hard error, emit a mandatory deprecation warning now for 3.3 if the
information is now available in the present parser to do so), what new
features (if any) are to be implemented at the same time as the parser
(and why at the same time rather than once the parser is in mainline
making them easier to implement), what (apart from OpenMP discussed here)
should be easier to implement once the new parser is in, ...?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk