This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.3 compile speed regression - THE GRAPH
- From: Tim Josling <tej at melbpc dot org dot au>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:40:16 +1100
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.3 compile speed regression - THE GRAPH
- Organization: Melbourne PC User Group
> The following graph shows the deterioration in compile-time performance
> as seen on the gcc-3_3-branch (and, prior to the creation of the branch,
> on the trunk itself). The test case is the same Qt fragment I used for
> my earlier GC analysis; the test machine (a RedHat Linux 8.0 box) is
> also the same. You can find the preprocessed source at:
With this program the GC cost is around 35%, including 2.6% cost for
allocating using ggc_alloc (versus sequential allocation).