This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Info-files missing in gcc 3.2.2
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Christian Cornelssen <ccorn at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Cc: Volker Reichelt <reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de>, <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:44:02 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Info-files missing in gcc 3.2.2
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Christian Cornelssen wrote:
> However, even though my build platform has only makeinfo-4.1
> installed, I find (after building) a bunch of '*.info*',
4.1 is sufficient for the 3.2 branch. It's 3.3 and mainline that need
> If this is still a concern, I'd suggest unpacking the release tarball,
> running makeinfo, tar it again and replace the versions in the
> download area. (No suffix games here.) This saves us from having to
> test the CVS checkout again.
You should never create a new tarball with the same name - this will just
create problems for people using diffs.
Joseph S. Myers