Re: Info-files missing in gcc 3.2.2

Hello,

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Volker Reichelt wrote:

> the info files seem to be missing in the gcc 3.2.2 release so that no
> info-files will be available on systems without makeinfo or an outdated
> version of makeinfo :-(

$ tar tjf gcc-3.2.2.tar.bz2 | fgrep .info
$

Indeed.

However, even though my build platform has only makeinfo-4.1
installed, I find (after building) a bunch of '*.info*',
including

./gcc/f/g77.info
./gcc/doc/cpp.info
./gcc/doc/gcc.info
./gcc/doc/gccint.info
./gcc/doc/cppinternals.info
./gcc/java/gcj.info

(and of course *-1 etc.)
Are some important info files missing?

> Is there anything that can be done about that unfortunate situation?

If this is still a concern, I'd suggest unpacking the release tarball,
running makeinfo, tar it again and replace the versions in the
download area. (No suffix games here.) This saves us from having to
test the CVS checkout again.

Perhaps re-running the release script(s) from the 3.2.2 release,
without CVS actions, but with proper makeinfo available,
would do the regeneration.  If so, the release scripts should be
refined to test for a recent makeinfo.

Regards,

Christian Cornelssen