Facing problem with gcc 2.95.2 in hp-11.00

I have compiled a set of C++ sources (third party sources) using g++ (gcc 2.95.2) as a shared library in hp 11.00. When I tried to call the shared library from a sample program which is again compiled using g++, I could invoke the shared library. But, when I am trying to invoke it from the Oracle 8i's external procedure agent, it thows up unresolved symbols error. I tried linking the library libstdc++.a to my shared library (I am using hp's ld). l am getting error message from ld as DP relative code found in the object files in libstdc++.a. I understand that, if I want to create a shared library, the object files have to be compiled as position independent. I guess, the object files in libstdc++.a are not position independent. How can I resolve this problem? Can you please help me out in this problem? Is there any way to convert an existing object file to position independent.

Thanks,
Sarva