RE: GCC 3.3, GCC 3.4

> I can't imagine what exactly a core gcc would look like;
> what features would it include or not include as compared
> to a standard FSF release?

To me, the core is the ability to compile the required languages into
working object code. However...

> As you can tell from my wishy-washy language, I don't really know what I'm
> talking about. :)

...I'm probably the one who's ignorant in this regard. For example, ABI
differences between versions of gcc would render them incompatible, in spite
of the different compiler's ability to compile the same source code.

What I suggested may not be easily possible or practical. What I'm looking
for is a way to address the community-at-large while accomodating the
desires of commercial developers.

..Scott