Re: GCC 3.3, GCC 3.4

--On Monday, February 03, 2003 03:45:50 PM -0600 Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com> wrote:

Right now, we have a window in which to merge branches.  If you're
ready, you merge; if you're not, you don't.  We successfuly merged
some major technology that way for 3.4.
I guess your definition of "ready to merge" is what I don't understand.
Could you please elaborate on it?
The PCH and parser branches caused no regressions in the testsuite, and,
in the opinion of people with approval authority, were in good shape.
They met the criteria of working on a variety of platforms.

I don't know of branches that are not in that shape, because I haven't
been involved with them.  This is something where we have to trust the
branch maintainers, largely.

However, certainly the parser wasn't ready for the last release.  For
example, there were still numerous test failures, it was very slow, and
there were pieces of C++ that weren't handled correctly.