Re: GCC 3.3, GCC 3.4

| --On Monday, February 03, 2003 10:16:51 PM +0100 Gabriel Dos Reis
| <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
|
| > In parallel, we may have an experimental
| > branch in stage 1 for more than 4 months...
|
| Unfortunately, this is how we get weird releases of GCC not based on
| any FSF release.

[...]

| However, this is not a simple problem.  It is one I have spent a lot
| of time thinking about and a lot of time talking to people about.
|
| It is over-constrained, and no matter what we do there will be
| some unhappy people.

I believe the current plan is overly constrained.  That is what most
of the people have been trying to phrase.  If we don't address that
issue now, we'll find ourselves reopening the same debate over and
over.  If we don't address that problem now, I think we may see major
contributors asking for extending schedules, over and over.
I know you have been doing a terrific work.  On the other hand, I
believe some people are feeling uneasy with not knowing exactly
where they're going, what they'll get in the end.  That is not meant
to criticize you.

-- Gaby