Re: What CPU ports should have working Ada?

Robert Dewar wrote:

> This is a hard question to answer, since it depends on what you mean by
> working. For us, working means passing our entire test suite, and in those
> terms, none of the Debian ports are close to doing this yet. We are finally
> getting to the point where for some selected targets, we are getting
> clean runs, but there is still quite a way to go.

I was wanting to get a list of the CPU families that had > 0 support for
Ada so would know which ones even had a possibility of being worth
attempting
to use on GNAT/RTEMS.  The behavior of RTEMS is a known and consistent
quantity across all ports.  Thus if GNAT is stable enough to compile the
run-time
for a particular CPU family, then we should get the same ACATS test
results
across all RTEMS ports.  I was hoping this would help with the testing
since
the OS wouldn't be as much of a factor in the problems.

I did not expect 100% passing at this time on the gcc 3.x source base.
Only
similar test results if GNAT compiled for a particular CPU familiy at
all.

As it stands, we are now providing RPMs with GNAT for every CPU family
(except hppa) that has a "working" GNAT and RTEMS port -- sparc,
powerpc,
mips, and i386.  The big ones to add next are the m68k and ARM. And
as of the 3.3 branch, the m68k is supposed to have the exception
handling
stuff in place.

Thanks, Dr. Dewar.

--joel