Re: GCC 3.3, GCC 3.4

--On Friday, January 31, 2003 09:54:49 AM -0800 Devang Patel <dpatel@apple.com> wrote:

If people have concerns about how I'm doing my job, I want to hear
them.
I really appreciate what you're doing, but (:-)) GCC project will
benefit more if you become little be more strict about regressions.
I agree with most of what you say, including this.  Would Apple care
to donate some time/resources for you to set up a machine with more
automated testing?  (Obviously, we'd be happy to help, if anyone wants
to outsource this kind of thing as well.)

I'm not sure what to say about the regressions.  We do have a policy
to deal with regressions -- but we almost never use it.  I don't know
that we want to be too agressive, but maybe we should be a little more.

You can help!  When you spot a regression, mention it to the person
who caused it, post to the list, and notify me.

Thanks,