Re: GCC 3.3, GCC 3.4

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 11:03 AM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
Well, Mike just checked in a patch that provides a 33% speedup. On the
head, I've checked in several patches that improve performance by several
percent, and have more in the works. Nathan is working on a patch to
remove exponential (no, not just quadratic, exponential) behavior in the
C++ front end that has been there since *forever* -- probably 2.7.2.
Sigh, I have a patch that gives a 10x improvement on compile speed... It makes template programming, fast.

I think it rises up to the top of work to get into the tree next, I think...

The change is to ditch the linked lists from the specializations, instantiations and mangling code.