Re: GCC 3.3, GCC 3.4

--On Thursday, January 30, 2003 10:06:49 AM -0800 Matt Austern <austern@apple.com> wrote:

Do we have a plan for achieving our release criteria in the next three
weeks, and a contingency plan for what happens if we get to February
22 and find that the release criteria aren't yet satisfied?
Not really.  Nor do we ever. :-)

We have to make that decision when we get there.

This is the problem with the whole volunteer thing; when push comes to
shove, I have just a few choices: fix stuff myself, release it anyway,
or delay it.  Which one of those choices makes sense depends on where
we are and what everyone else thinks.

I've gotten more "flexible" with the release criteria over the years
because in practice it does not seem to be possible to actually achieve
them with the resources we have.  I try to stay pretty zealous about
the GNATS PRs, though; those indicate things people have actually
noticed in the real world.

Of course, the more bugs you fix, the better off we will be. :-)