Re: 3.3-branch QA assessment

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 09:53:40PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> Actually my experience with building aplications with 3.3 is that most
> of bugs went away in recent weeks.  3.4 does not even build our SPEC
> right now, so it looks funny to discuss that 3.4 is more stable than
> 3.3.  3.3 does not seem to be having more problems than 3.2 in practice
> as far as I can tell.

Do you think that a significant number of regressions marked as open against
3.3 are now fixed?  If so, we can do another pass and try to mark as many
closed as possible.

> My impression is that the difference in PR is probably due to huge
> efforts put into stabilizing C++ parser at one side and testing 3.3 on
> the other and I don't think it is good metric of the reliablity of
> eighter branch.

It would certainly seem that the introduction of a new parser should be
destabilizing, and looking at regressions may provide a distorted picture
since they will not show all the new bugs.