Re: #import future (summary and proposed solutions)

Personally, I don't see how two or more files specified at the source
level, which resolve to having distinctly different absolute symbolic
path/names, should be expected (or relied upon), to be treated as being
the same logically unique file. (Actually one could argue they shouldn't).

(I apologize for my earlier terseness, my poor reaction to a sense of
 things likely becoming blown out of proportion to the issues at hand.)

-paul-