Re: Bad performance (regression) on oopack's Complex test

Falk Hueffner wrote:

Have you tried -O3, or generally tuning inlining?

I have tried both, with no positive results (the inlined operators are very small)

BTW, on Alpha, I can see an improvement:

Nice. In fact on an older PII machine I was seeing Ratios similar to yours.
I think that there is a general issue and a specific one concerning P4 (slowness of memory accesses?)

Just for fun, here's the result of cxx -O5 -fast:

I know :-( ... this is the final goal which icc already achieves on any x86 cpu.

Paolo.