[3.3] Patch ping

I'd like this patch to be approved for 3.3 (and trunk):

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-12/msg00255.html

So far there's been no response.

This is necessary to make JNI work correctly on Windows.  On Windows,
JNI is defined to use the stdcall convention.  Since JNI is an ABI, it
is important that we implement this correctly -- we can't assume that
the user can recompile his JNI code.

Getting this approved sooner rather than later would be convenient.
There are several pending runtime patches that depend on this going in.

Tom