Re: Thoughts on doxygen for internal documentation

Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> wrote:
>I have tried using doxygen to document the tree-ssa API.  Given
>the prevalent documentation style in GCC, I find some of the
>markers rather intrusive.

The advantage of doxygen's comment format is that it's based
on other standards like JavaDoc and Qt. I don't know how well
it maintains compatibility with them.

>What is really useful about doxygen is all the cross referencing
>and html pages it builds.

Yes, the output is nice.

I've tried to use Doxygen for C code, which it is advertised to
support although it is constructed from a C++ point of view.
Its understanding of the language is very vague (the parser
is a bunch-o-regexps wrapped in lex -- not yacc!) and when it
gets things wrong it's hard to fix.

I still want to be able to like it, though.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
NORTHWEST FITZROY SOLE LUNDY FASTNET: WESTERLY OR SOUTHWESTERLY 5 TO 7,