Re: Thoughts on doxygen for internal documentation

In message <20030116173437.GA2593@tornado.toronto.redhat.com>, Diego Novillo wr
ites:
 >On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Jeff Law wrote:
 >
 >> Actually, I wouldn't go with doxygen stuff at all unless it's been
 >> OK'd for the rest of the compiler proper.
 >>
 >Oh, well, OK.  In reality all I we *really* need is to delimit
 >comments with /** */.  All the rest is up to doxygen to figure
 >out.  So, even if the comments are not delimited with /** */,
 >doxygen is still useful.
 >
 >Let me rephrase the question then.  Would it be OK to start
 >documenting major functions and data structures with /** */
 >instead of /* */?
Same answer.  If /** is acceptable for the rest of the compiler
proper, then I'd go with it on tree-ssa.  If it isn't acceptable,
then I would avoid it as it just makes more work for you.  Yes, you
can find/change them with sed, but what's the point.

I'll note that /** is contrary to the GNU coding standards.

jeff