Re: current version of ELF format

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 10:44 AM, Jeremy R Mcjunkin wrote:
I was curious if anyone knows what version of ELF will be in gcc 3.2?
gcc doesn't contain ELF, or ELF versions, so the question makes little sense to me. The software that plays the most with ELF is binutils, but that's a different list. Features of ELF that are relevant to gcc are exposed to gcc via files like elfos.h, generally speaking gcc knows just how many features it can play with, and only plays with as many as the system supports.

If you would like us to try another stab at it, please ask using 150 words or more. Be specific and include details you think we might not understand.

Or, if you want an answer anyway, it is 2.13.