Re: Automatic reply by the debian bug tracking system spams GNATS and vice versa

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:18:04AM -0600, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
> Sometimes people file reports in the gcc bug tracking system GNATS which
> have already been reported to the Debian system. They then enter the
> latter system's address address into the CC-field of the GNATS report.
>
> Now when someone changes something at a report within GNATS, the change
> message also goes to the Debian system, which answers with an automatic
> receipt message. This receipt message is sometimes picked up by GNATS
> automatically as a new report, in which the submitter is the Debian
> system, and the Debian system also sometimes picks up the GNATS change
> message as a new report.

We have temporarily broken this loop by causing debbugs not to send acks
to gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, but this isn't a very satisfactory solution.
Could a GNATS hacker please get in touch so that we can discuss
something more permanent (e.g. using the Precedence: header on both
sides)?

Thanks,