Re: Target deprecation, round two

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> Zack, I believe we should send target deprecation notes also to the
> gcc-announce list, not just gcc (We cannot assume everyone interested
> in GCC always reads the gcc list, I suppose).

Once a provisional list has been agreed, yes (considering that a message
was sent to gcc-announce for removal of support files for the systems that
had only ever worked in GCC 1).  We could start with a list of the systems
that were obsoleted in 3.1 and removed in 3.3, and of the systems
obsoleted in 3.3 that will be removed in 3.4 in the absence of any
interest, then follow up with an agreed list of those to be obsoleted in
3.4.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk