This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch that FIXED regression PR opt/7687 (still broken in 3.2 branch)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bangerth at ticam dot utexas dot edu
- Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:27:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: patch that FIXED regression PR opt/7687 (still broken in 3.2 branch)
- References: <20021220150716.B3044@us.ibm.com>
On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 03:07:16PM -0800, Janis Johnson wrote:
> The regression reported in PR optimization/7687, which is still broken
> on the 3.2 branch, was fixed on the mainline with this patch. Given
> the size of the patch, it's probably unlikely that this information
> will be very useful.
The old code simply didn't handle the case in question.
if (ix86_regparm > 2)
There's really no point in keeping this PR open. Most
of the infrastructure in the quoted patch is necessary
to avoid this abort.