Re: How does the register allocator supports modulo scheduled code?

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, ritu sabharwal wrote:

> Hello,
>     We have done the modulo scheduling for the loops and added that to the
> gcc instruction scheduler.
> We have replaced the loop block with our
> scheduled code and it is working fine. But now when this is passed to the
> gcc register allocator, we are getting errors in reload pass. Will the gcc
> register allocator can not handle this modulo scheduled code?
Errr, we can't diagnose problems that only occur with your modulo
scheduling pass, without having your modulo scheduling pass.
People need to see and be able to work with the code, to determine if it's
reload's fault, your code's fault, or some combination of the two.
I would suggest you post your modulo schedulnig patch (even if it's rough)
if you want people to be able to help you.

--Dan