Re: regression hunt status, question about reports to mailing list

> > optimization bugs). A little public pressure seems appropriate.
>
> The people I've notified are all very active contributors to GCC, and it
> doesn't surprise me that they haven't fixed the regressions immediately.

Please don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate the work everyone is
doing on gcc, and I'm far from condemning anyone for doing one thing and
not the other.

It's just that I see that there are more than 1800 open bug reports (of
which alone 590 are for C++), and that reports are filed at a much higher
rate than they are fixed. Sometimes I just wished we had more focus on
fixing existing bugs than introducing yet another middle-end optimization.
But that's just my opinion.

With public pressure I meant "bringing the existence of regressions and
the number of open problems" to the attention it deserves. Not to anyone
in particular, but to the community of developers.

Regards
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:           bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth