Re: A testcase library

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Eric Botcazou wrote:

> > But that doesn't keep us from doing something similar in a different
> > location. I had some discussion over the topic in private mail with
> > Wolfgang and we decided to wait for Bugzilla before setting up something
> > new. But maybe there are better suggestions?
>
> Why not a special directory in the testsuite that is not tested by the
> toplevel 'make check' but by a magic-like command invoked only by
> those-who-know ? It would not be included in the official tarballs.

That was my original thought. It would allow us to get the presently
smallest testcase to check for something, and if we can further reduce it,
we could check in the new testcase as well. It would also allow potentail
bug fixers simpler access to the testcases.

On the other hand, the list of people with CVS write privileges would have
to be expanded.

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:           bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ticam.utexas.edu/~bangerth