Host/Target Specific Installation Notes - Suggested Enhancement for AIX

The current host/target installation notes for *-ibm-aix* include a
paragraph about errors involving alloca, but I think the information on
this error can be clarified somewhat. The native AIX compiler must not only
be invoked as cc, but you need to setup an environment variable CC to
include the -ma switch, which "Generate[s] inline calls to the "alloca"
function as if "#pragma alloca" directives were in the source file."
Without this switch, I did not encounter the alloca error until the final
installation step, which follows the extrememly long build process, of
course.

In summary, please add the following command to the notes, so users don't
have to search the forums like I did:

export CC="cc -ma -qcpluscmt" or set CC="cc -ma -qcpluscmt"

Thanks,
Sam

Samuel R. Connor
Design Validation and System Compliance