Re: trunk still frozen?

--On Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:51:49 AM +0000 Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> wrote:

Are there platforms where we still can't bootstrap due to BIB
regressions?

arm-netbsdelf is bootstrapping ok, but showing many new regressions from
the testsuite.  I haven't had chance to investigate why yet, but most of
them seem to be c++ related (it wouldn't surprise me if this is a sj/lj
exception regression).
This is an important issue. It would be great if you would open a
high-priority PR for this problem.

So far, this, and the SCO problem, are the only major problems I've
heard about.  Assuming I don't hear about anything else, I will reopen
the mainline later today.

I'd urge everyone to spend time fixing regression, especially those that
seem to be caused by their own patches. Otherwise, people are going to
go nuts on the mainline -- and totally ignore GCC 3.3, and even
regressions on the mainline.

I myself owe some fixes to the mainline, based on Janis' investigation,
which I will be working on very soon.