Re: problem running test_installed suite was Re: more on mips-elf test installed

Ben Elliston wrote:

>   Joel> Executing on host: gcc /usr/share/dejagnu/testglue.c  -c    -o
>   Joel> /usr3/ftp_archive/gnu/gcc/ss/b-3.2.1/r-arm-elf/testglue.o    (timeout =
>   Joel> 300)
>
>   Joel> Notice that testglue.c is being compiled by the NATIVE
>   Joel> compiler -- not the cross!!!  What needs to be set to make
>   Joel> runtest use the correct compiler on testglue.c?
>
> What target_board have you told DejaGnu you're testing on?

I have been trying two configurations with the same results:

mips-elf with DejaGNU target board mips-sim
arm-elf with DejaGNU target board arm-sim

Both produce vey good test results when I test inside the tree
but if I run the tests from somewhere else, testglue.c is always
compiled with the native "gcc".  The tests that do not link against
testglue.c all appear to be passing.

Inside the tree, I do this:

make RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=${sim}" check check-gcc check-g++

Outside the tree, I do this:

${gccpath}/contrib/test_installed --srcdir=${gccpath} \
    --with-gcc=${1}-gcc \
    --without-g++ \
    --without-g77 \
    --with-target=${sim}

where $1 is the gcc target which gets mapped to a simulator target
a few lines above in the wrapper script I am using.

My test_installed is modified to take the --with-target option so
runtest ends up being invoked like this:

runtest --tool gcc -v --target_board arm-sim

I am sure it is a 1-liner somewhere.  I think runtest or the gcc test
suite scripts assume some variable besides GCC_UNDER_TEST is set to
tell it about the compiler to test.

I ran into this months ago and asked on the list with no fix.  I would
really like to nail this one shut. :)

Thanks.