basic-improvements call for testers

I have now committed a merge from trunk to the 3.4 basic-improvements
branch.  My tests show only one significant difference between
testsuite results on the mainline and the branch: that is an
additional failure of the libjava testsuite.  As the libjava test
suite is currently in bad shape with 65 unexpected failures on the
mainline, I am not inclined to hold the merge over it.  A pseudo-diff
is appended to this message; if a test suite isn't mentioned, it had
no differences at all between mainline and branch.

Please test the branch and report results using test_summary, but also
copy me; I don't follow gcc-testresults.

I'm aware of three blocker issues for the merge:

- The 32x64 HOST_WIDE_INT problem, which I will be addressing shortly.
- foobar-c.c lacking appropriate dependencies on coretypes.h $(TM_H),
  which I will also address shortly.
- The Darwin sqrt stub problem, which I don't know enough about to
  fix; I'd appreciate it if one of the people experiencing it could
  look into a patch.

If you know of or discover other issues which you think should block
the merge, please say so.

Regarding check-in policies, I would recommend the following:

- For the time being, nothing goes onto mainline unless it is also
  going onto the 3.3 release branch.  To make my life easier, please
  test and apply such patches on the basic-improvements branch also.

- basic-improvements is open for checkins under its usual rules,
  i.e. Stage 2 patches only.

I'd like to get the blocker issues all resolved and the branch merged
to mainline by Monday.  Any help you can lend is greatly appreciated.

zw

--- mainline/report     2002-12-14 10:14:49 -0800
+++ 3.4bib/report       2002-12-14 10:14:49 -0800

-Compiler version: 3.3 20021213 (experimental) (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
+Compiler version: 3.4-bi 20021213 (experimental) (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

                === g++ Summary ===

-# of expected passes           7891
+# of expected passes           7899
 # of unexpected failures       2
-# of expected failures         92
+# of expected failures         90
 # of untested testcases        9
 # of unsupported tests         3

                === gcc Summary ===

-# of expected passes           20746
+# of expected passes           20781
 # of unexpected failures       6
 # of expected failures         64
-# of unsupported tests         73
+# of unsupported tests         75

                === libjava tests ===

 WARNING: program timed out.
 FAIL: SyncTest execution - gij test
 WARNING: program timed out.
+FAIL: SyncTest execution - bytecode->native test
+WARNING: program timed out.
 FAIL: SyncTest execution - gij test
 FAIL: Thread_Alive execution - gij test
 FAIL: Thread_Alive execution - gij test