Re: GCC 3.3 Branch

Geoff Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org> writes:

> Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:
>>
>> I'd like to merge the basic-improvements-branch back to the mainline
>> immediately after the 3.3 branch is created.  Can we please extend the
>> 'no checkins' window past the creation of the branch for as long as it
>> will take me to do that?  This will be no more than four hours,
>> assuming nothing breaks, and you create the branch at a time when I'll
>> be awake for the four hours immediately following.  Most of that time
>> will be spent running two bootstraps, one of the mainline at the 3.3
>> branch point, one of the merged tree.
>
> Does it have the necessary builds & tests on three platforms?

Not yet - the merged tree doesn't exist yet.  I can arrange testing on
two platforms (although this will take longer than four hours); I'd
need a volunteer for the third.  I don't want to keep the tree locked
for too long, but I'm also worried about merge conflicts if people
start checking in dev-stage-1 stuff on the mainline before
basic-improvements is merged back.  Ideas?

zw