Re: Zack's list of requirements

    You have a local change...  Someone else pounds in 100 changes to the
    base code, you merge up, the 100 changes go into your tree in one hunk,
    causing merging conflicts, rightly so.  If we take a step back (revert
    to pre-merge status), and then apply each one of the 100 changes, they
    all apply...  Also, the system should be able to take the base, pull
    out your changes, put in the 100 changes, then put your changes in...

I'm missing something here.  If those 100 changes cause conflict with
the local change, then won't the local change conflict to a tree with
those 100 changes installed?