Re: FYI: trouble buidling gcc 3.2.1 on solaris 8 with AFS

>From http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#*-*-solaris2*:

The Solaris 2 /bin/sh will often fail to configure libstdc++-v3, boehm-gc
or libjava. If you encounter this problem, set CONFIG_SHELL to /bin/ksh in
your environment before running configure.

I found that when doing "make bootstrap" that "make CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh
bootstrap" was also necessary to solve the problem.

As such, I believe this to be entirely unrelated to AFS.  You just got
lucky on your local disk build.

Search the list archives for CONFIG_SHELL and Solaris for more info.

Cheers.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer