RE: Intel C++ vs. gcc: New Numbers for New Versions

> > You could mention an advantage of GCC on your page is that the vendor
> > doesn't have any ulterior motives...
>
> Including the ulterior motive of trying to look good on specific
> benchmarks :-)

I'm working on some better benchmarks; unfortunately, this is a freelance
(emphasis on free) effort on my part, so my time is limited.

Finding a good benchmaark is *very* difficult. It can't include any file
I/O, nor can it involve user input. Nor should it be easy to "cheat" on
(like Whetstone) by crafty compiler vendors. And, of course, the code need
to be free software to avoid any legal problems.

With that in mind, I'm likely to employ a deterministic version of one of my
big evolution experiments. Lots of code, and a very unusual application.

Keep the suggestions coming, guys.

..Scott