rsync.html

Dear GCC maintainers and webmasters,

I'd suggest updating http://gcc.gnu.org/rsync.html in the following
points:

(1) The GCC repository rsync://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-cvs currently takes
about 950MB, not 450MB, of disk space.

(2) The given rsync command

	rsync --archive --delete --checksum --compress \
		--stats rsync://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-cvs .

inserts the contents of the CVS repository into the current directory,
thereby deleting everything else, including other trees.  Wasn't
funny, really.  No, I did not append `/' to the source specifier.
Given DIR as the destination specifier, the command creates or updates
a tree rooted at DIR, leaving nothing else in DIR.  I'd recommend
explaining this to make sure that users do not think in terms of cp,
and suggesting e.g. `cvsroot-gcc' instead of `.' as the destination
specifier.  Note that the destination directory need not exist yet.

Regards,

Christian Cornelssen