Re: (bib) libobjc build failure

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> On b-i-b (i686-pc-linux-gnu), I'm getting a failure to build libobjc;
> it's complaining that BITS_PER_UNIT is not defined in "encoding.c".
>
> It took me a loooong time to track this down.  It's caused by Zack's
> big patch to get proper dependencies on tm.h.  The old 'tconfig.h'
> contained a bunch of includes conditioned on '#ifdef IN_GCC'.
> The new 'tconfig.h' contains *only* "ansidecl.h".

This did not happen to me when I tested the patch.  I am trying to
reproduce the problem now.

> Zack, can you figure out the correct way to fix this?
> Either you need to change something, or libobjc needs to change
> something, and I'm not sure which.

The immediate fix is probably going to be to add #includes of
coretypes.h and tm.h to most of libobjc.  The _correct_ fix is to make
libobjc find this stuff out some other way, but I'm not up for that
right now.

zw