RE: Doxygen for tree-ssa

Hmm, this is extremely frustrating...

Stuff like this:

   Partial references
   ------------------

   To deal with arrays and structures, we use the concept of non-killing
   definitions.  When an array location or structure element is defined,
   the SSA builder will consider that a partial definition of the array
   itself.  Partial definitions are modeled by keeping an SSA link
   (def-def link) between the current definition and the previous one.

   This is used to chain definitions to arrays and structures, so that all
   possible reaching defs can be found later by compute_tree_rdefs.  For
   instance,

              1  A[i] = 5;
              2  A[j] = 10;
              3  y = A[k] + 10;

looks *very* ugly in HTML. The "---" line is put right after "Partial
references", the example gets collapsed into a single line, etc... Not very
pretty. (I really miss an @example or @verbatim tag in Doxygen...)

The solution apparently is to use the <PRE> tag within the documentation.
Unfortunately, HTML tags are passed on to the HTML output only. So using
HTML tags means:
a) ugly tags in the source code
b) HTML output only, the rest would be useless

Do you want that, or should we just leave such elaborate documentation with
examples out of the Doxygen docs?

Greetz
Steven