This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Has gcc-3.2.1 been released yet?
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: bfkelly at afterlife dot ncsc dot mil
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:22:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: Has gcc-3.2.1 been released yet?
> There has not been any announcement on gcc-announce nor has
> the gcc web page been updated.
Then it's not out yet. :-)
> Yet my local mirror site
> now seems to have a tarball for gcc-3.2.1.
The idea is to allow time for mirror sites to pick up copies /before/ making
the announcement, so that the GCC server doesn't get even more overloaded.
Also, this gives us time to verify that the tarball being mirrored is a)
being mirroed correctly, and b) is a correct tarball, before inviting
zillions of people to download it.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002