Re: gcc.c-torture/execute/builtin-constant.c

Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> writes:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Diego Novillo wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Joern Rennecke wrote:
>> > This test fails on sh64-elf for all 12 subtargets.  I looked in the
>> > PR mentioned in the ChangeLog, but it does not mention any specific
>> > patch that was supposed to implement this feature.  Can you point
>> > out where this is supposed to be handled?
>>
>> No patch has been proposed to fix this problem yet.  The only
>> version that gets this one right is the tree-ssa-branch.
>
> I take that back.  Zack proposed a patch, but it was not approved
> I think.

My patch was inadequate -- it fixed this and broke a lot of other
stuff.  To get it right would apparently require major work on GCSE,
which I don't think is a valuable use of time if tree-ssa gets it
right anyway.

Let's just mark this XFAIL on mainline.  tree-ssa's planned for merge
in 3.4, right?

zw