Re: GCC Testing Efforts web page: gcc.gnu.org/testing

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 04:37:15PM -0800, Janis Johnson wrote:
> The page at http://gcc.gnu.org/testing/ has been extended to include
> ideas for further testing, some of which were previously in the
> beginner section of the Projects list.  If you've got ideas about
> interesting ways to pound on GCC, please add them to that list.
>
> The "current efforts" list is very short, but several people are doing
> regular testing that ought to be listed here.  I've cc'd a few people
> to encourage them to add to this page (sending me stuff and letting me
> take care of the formatting would be OK, too, as long as it gets there):
>
>   Phil Edward's autocrasher and a link to the related web site
>
>   Loren J. Rittle's autocrasher testing
>
>   Robert Schiele's nightly builds that report bootstrap failures to
>   gcc-testresults

Well, I can provide my ugly bash script (Now even with some
documentation!), if someone was interrested.  I think, it might make
sense to add something like the following to the first point "Perform
regular builds...":

  "<p>You can fetch some simple scripts doing this job for you from <a
  href="http://pi3.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~schiele/autobuild/";>this
  web site</a>, but note that they are given to you without any
  warranty.  They automatically send test results and bootstrap
  failure reports to the gcc-testresults mailing list.  PLEASE read
  the documentation BEFORE using them!</p>"

Feel free to improve my English if you like.

Alternatively if someone feels happy to check in those scripts (or an
improved version) to cvs, he should feel free to do so.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de