Re: Effect of -fno-reorder-blocks?

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> If this is simple for you to check, can I please ask you to do a
> comparative SPECint{95, 2000} run with and without
> -fno-reorder-blocks together with whatever other flags you use
> with -O2, for main trunk and perhaps also the 3.2 branch?  If
> not, I'll eventually do it myself for SPECint2000.  I have a
> license.  Maybe it has been done before, but I can't find any
> references.

Sure.  I've added -fno-reorder-blocks to both SPEC2000 and SPEC95
runs.  They should take effect in tonight's run (5:00 UTC).

> If not, can I please have a copy of the scripts used to simplify
> the SPEC setup and result comparison?  (Perhaps they can be
> added to gcc/contrib/?)

Attached.  The scripts can run both SPEC 95 and 2000.  Let me
know if you need help setting things up.

I have no problem adding the files to gcc/contrib/.  What's the
approval process?  Just like any other patch?

Diego.