From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
To: clumsboy@hotmail.com (Xu Jian)
CC: gcc@gnu.org
Subject: Re: What's difference between egcs2.91 and gcc-2.96
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:32:48 -0800 (PST)

> I found that my device driver can work fine when I use egcs to compile
it.
> But when I use gcc-2.96, it cannot work properly.
> Can you give me one difference list between egcs2.91 and gcc-2.96?

That's analogous to saying: I've lost something in your house, but I'm not
going to tell you what I lost.  Instead, I want you to send me a complete
list of everything in your house, so I can see if the list contains what I
lost.

gcc "2.96" is a Red Hat release, it didn't come from the GCC project.
But even if it did, we couldn't help you with a request like that.
You give no information on what failure you see (compile time?  run
time?).  And C programs with undefined behavior (like access to
uninitialized variables) may accidentally work with one compiler version
and not with another, or break when optimization is turned on.