Re: state of 3.2.1-pre: how far from release?

David Edelsohn writes:
> 	I can guard the source code in abi_check.cc which elicits the ICE
> so that the compiler will bootstrap.  This will not fix the bug.  The
> testcase takes a very long time to compile when running the compiler in
> the debugger, so it is difficult to debug.  The rest of libstdc++-v3
> compiles, so this bug is not extremely common but it is not complicated
> either.

Perhaps that's the best thing for now.  I would be satisfied with a
workaround for 3.2.1.

> 	Without help from GCC experts who understand the reload pass, this
> will take a while to debug and fix.

Don't we plan to redo/replace reload for 3.4?  Or am I confused?

In any case: Mark, what's your thinking?  Are there other bugs that you
consider blockers?

In any case, if (or rather, when) we release 3.2.1 with still-open
regressions, I'll add a description of the regressions to the release
notes.