Re: comparing two executable binary files

Paesch> I am trying to compare two executable binary files.
Paesch> There are suppose to be a one byte difference but the hex dump says
Paesch> differently.

Paesch> It is built with GCC vers. 2.7.2 , eventually for a power pc.

Paesch> Is there any way to tell what I am looking at?

	Which file format are you using?  Most file formats have a header
which can include a timestamp.  You may need to skip the header to compare
the portion of the executable corresponding to the program itself.  You
can use objdump program in the GNU Binutils package to examine the
contents of an executable.

David