This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: It's target deprecation season again!
- From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 18:58:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: It's target deprecation season again!
- Organization: The NUXI BSD Group
- References: <20021018230508.GA24290@codesourcery.com> <20021102050113.GA22420@dragon.nuxi.com> <20021102100520.GB23296@egil.codesourcery.com>
- Reply-to: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 02:05:20AM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 09:01:13PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 04:05:08PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > > It's time to decide which targets should be deprecated for the 3.3
> > > release and removed in 3.4.
> > > i?86-*-freebsd*aout*
> > We actually still need this one.
> Can you expand on that a bit please?
We are removing the a.out support in our dual a.out/ELF toolchain.
People that have been building a.out bits with the system compiler will
now have to use GCC built with the "i?86-*-freebsd*aout*" target. Of
course we'll make a FreeBSD port to make installing it easier. Believe
-- David (obrien@FreeBSD.org)