Re: real.c implementation

> From what I have just seen, the program generates a lot of warning
> but still compiles and seems to work with g++-3.2. With 3.3 things
> are more complicated but it should be possible to compile using
> -fpermissive as the errors are mostly related to strstream.
> Anyway, fixing this is relatively trivial (see below for a
> fixed version, done very quickly and without being very careful, but I
> hope that I have not introduced bugs into the program).
>
> In any case, here are the results for the various versions of gcc I
> have access to (gcc-3.1, gcc-3.2.1, and gcc-3.3 20021014), and the
> source code apropriate for g++ 3.3 (I have verified that the code
> still works with gcc-3.2, but not with other compilers).

Thanks a lot for your feedback on IeeeCC754 as well as for the updated
version of the source code and the logfiles for different compiler
versions!

If you agree, we would like to make your temporary fix of the source code
available on the IeeeCC754 website. For the moment, we're upgrading the
source code to include some additional functionality and at the same time
take care of all the compiler warnings.

Until our new version is ready, would it be ok that I make your
version available on the IeeeCC754 website? And can I also include the
Logfiles you sent?

Kind regards,

Brigitte Verdonk

-----------------------------Brigitte Verdonk---------------------------------
Mathematics & Computer Science           Tel  +32 3 820.24.03
University of Antwerp (UIA)              Fax  +32 3 820.24.21
Universiteitsplein 1                     URL: http://www.uia.ac.be/u/verdonk
B2610 Antwerp (Belgium)                  Email: Brigitte.Verdonk@ua.ac.be

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't
believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
"When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day.
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things
before breakfast."

Lewis Carroll