How do you configure & build gcc on biarch?

Hej.

I would like to understand better how you configure for example
sparc64-linux targets?

The issue is the biarch and the -m64 versus -m32 switch.

Now, I would expect to build the compiler with essentially -m64 added
generally. However, a 32 bit version of some ilbs are also creared
during the build of the compiler suite.

So, firstly, the bootstrap of the compilers themselves,

export BOOT_CFLAGS="-g -O2 -m64"

but that is't propagated to non-C source codeded parts of compilers,
eg., Ada, right?

Secondly, the libs are not built using that BOOT_CFLAGS, and even some
C source coded libs shouldn't, the 32 bit ones. And what about the
non-C source coded ones?

So, a bit confused here...

This is how I do it so far:

$ export BOOT_CFLAGS="-g -O2 -m64"
$ env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64 \
/usr/local/src/gcc-binutils/trunk/gcc/configure sparc64-linux \
--prefix=/usr/local/gcc-binutils \
--enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
$ make bootstrap-lean

I'd like at hear ideas of how to do the right thing(tm), and why the
specifics in suggestions are the right thing.

Cheers,

/ChJ