Re: [GCC] removal from web archive of mailing list??? please?

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Matthew J. Waller <mwaller@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi, I must have posted a message on here without thinking about the
> consequences and i left my email address and phone number at the
> bottom of the message.  This is very bad.  I used to get no junk
> mail.  Today I got my first.  I realise now what a stupid stupid
> thing it was to do, i'm very very sorry, I'll never post to a
> mailinglist again without reading to the bottom of the page, promise.
> Is there any way you could remove the bit that says my email address.
> *anyone??? *please???

You should be made aware that news.gmane.org also archives this list; I
happen to think that's a bad thing. You'll have to contact the operator
of that host about doctoring that copy too. http://www.gmane.org/

The other problem is that others may also hold publicly accessible copies
of the archive.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!