Re: XML dumping and GraphViz/VCG in the GCC ast-optimizer-branch

--- "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> > I now have that non-uglified code from the author and will be
> > re-releasing VCG as a GNU project later on when I find some time.
>
> Ulrich Drepper had some fixes to VCG (that were included in a version
> in
> the infrastructure directory on the FTP site, which had to be removed
> because uglified source isn't source within the meaning of the GPL,
> so we
> couldn't legally distribute the uglified version at all); these fixes
> ought to be merged to the the distributabel non-uglified version.
> Then
> the link in <http://gcc.gnu.org/news/egcs-vcg.html> can be
> fixed/updated.

Thanks Joseph, I will try and setup a savannah project this week and
get all the sources under cvs.
I hope that we can make vcg become what it should have been, a usefull
tool and not a licencing problem.

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont